Work

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Collaborative Project: The cat chase, Car model

This is an overall Post on the Pre-Production for my collaborative project for 'The Cat Chase' It's a short toon directed by a friend form university (will add his blog to check his work out. It's top notch!)

So I will start with what I'm doing. So as a 'Generalist' I will be covering most ares such as modelling, texturing, rigging and animation.

3 of those factors come into a model I will be creating as a moving prop for the short toon. A car to be more precise.






So here are a couple of images to help me develop my design. It's based of a 1940's vehicle but 'With' a flat bonnet for easier animation purposes. 
















After liking a design which was the bottom right, I then began concentrating on the little perks such as the grid to the vehicle, types of shades that I would prefer. Everyone likes a nice red car right?


Then I began looking into the paint work of how I would have it. There needed to be age and rust for the style we were after... something subtle yet bold. I had good help from the art and animation directors to guide to the 


Finally a cute littloe concept for the little car.... broom broom!
(next will be the cat chase.)

No comments:

Post a Comment