Work

Tuesday 14 October 2014

GROUP WORK: NICK IDENT PROJECT, PRE-PRODUCTION (OCT2014)

IDENT PROJECT OCT 2014
CHARACTER DESIGN


For our 10 second sting we Decided to create an Ident for Nick toons or Nickleodeon. We had a few ideas (in previos blog entry) but here we decided to have 4 simple cute characters displaying each letter of the Ident logo. 
Here is a  rough idea of the size and height of each character that will be developed into unique shapes and size for our Ident. For this I was the artist for pre-production as a nice experiment to see if I do want to be a complete generalist. 


 N:
For our first character we wanted him to be the leader of the bunch since hes the start of the word. This one had to be the most difficult because we needed something to make him unique. as the others had shape and height this one had... well nothing. SO! we decided to play simple and add a distinct feature.


FINAL TURN ON LEADER
Heres the finished process of out leader N... or which I give the nick name Ned since Leader has lead the team and I gave it a twist with the word 'Nick'. 

I
Now this guy was an obvious choice, I or Lanky which I nicknamed him, would be a tall fella since they resemble their chosen letters. 




 I couldn't find the rest of the development for this one but there wasn't much to do to create this fella besides leg, arm and head sizes. but alas here he is.


C
This was secretly the first character designed because he was the easiest to think of. I nicknamed this one Chunk for obvious reasons. His body matches perfectly to the shape of the C 


FINAL C
Here is the final, this is where I got creative and played around with brushes to add tone and depth to the character. Really happy with the results as it has that Tim Burton feel to it (in my opinion) which is a nice style for this sting. 




K
The runt of the family K will be the pun of the 10 second sting. As he trips with the final letter because he is too tiny to carry it (so cute).  


FINAL K
Here is the final for K or shorty. I love the results of his chubby cheeks. it may be difficult to model but I do like a challenge. 



THE FAMILY
Well here is the fmaily altogether to see if they go with the same theme and style and I will admit they are completely adorable. I hope after modelling these that I will still have a love for these characters and modelling in it's self. 


No comments:

Post a Comment