Work

Saturday 28 February 2015

THE CAT CHASE ANIMATION PROGRESS: chase and climb

For this week I have mainly been focusing on the cat chase project animations. So far so good the run cycles just need a little polish and The building scene is in first official blocking and thumbs up from the director to proceed the completion of this. I believe that this project will be complete by next week and then I can continue the other two projects Pepmin the elephant and The dance animations.

So heres the almost complete version of the run cycles.



The aim for these animations were to be as tooney as possible, full of stretching, squishing and bouncing. I think a little more side-to-side squishing on the hips will really make this character seem fleshier. But that will be taken care with the final steps of completion



The cat so far in my eyes needs to features to move with it but apart from that I'm really happy with the results. It has been since 1st year of my uni life that I dealt with quad ped creature animations, so im glad that I indeed improved in my skills. 


The building scene had a few improvements for it to be a green light to continue to spline or further poses. The time was the main issue. The director has an idea of it being very fast paced and so I had to keep compressing keys until it was perfect. 

block1

block1 timing
 still too slow 

remove camera and check
I playblasted this without the camera animation as the cam was too quick rising. so i kept getting the cat to go faster but still it needed more as feedback from my director.


Final animatic blocking 1
so this is the correct timing. Just needs to have the tail animated as well as the features 



This animation will be the most complex-ed for this overall project. But I like a challenge and so far I have enjoyed every step of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment