Work

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Frame Store visit




Yesterday we had a couple of representatives from frame store come in to the uni and talk with us individually to see how we were doing, what are skills are thus far and what we wanna do or be for when we graduate. We had 10 minutes each which we cherished whilst talking to the members.

The two members were very friendly and modest people that a great sense of humor and an open mind. I enjoyed discussing my near or far plans with them to see what they thought, they told me that having a main skill is essential and rewarding. They supported my ideas for the future and gave their respects for the risks I'm willing to take to chase my dream.

After are individual sessions we went to the larger presentation room where they both showed the companies work, personal work and the needed requirements to join frame store. I really enjoyed the show reels including the personal ones presented by  Michael Elder. They were well presented where the videos didn't but entertained me to the highest peak. I really enjoyed Michael Elders the most because not only were their older pieces of work but he also included life drawings and photos of his clay models which has inspired me to add some of my own for my future show-reel.

The tips they gave when creating a show reel were ones that were not new to me but I enjoyed hearing their point of view on what makes one to remember. Also other tips were on how to improve and also what books to look at to improves ones own skills.

Lastly another word of wisdom that wasn't new to me was the quickest way to get into a studio/ company is to become a runner, serving tea and coffee but also gaining skills when being taught and getting to know the company's main workers. This to me sounds like a nice idea since I'm pretty good at making a brew but also a social butterfly so meeting new people is my 'cup of tea'.

All in all, I really enjoyed the people and their talks and I learned that even people that haven't quite reached their dreams can have so much wisdom but also be really modest at the same time and that's a rarity in my opinion


So thank you frame store for visiting our university and I hope to see you in the near future.










No comments:

Post a Comment