Work

Sunday 5 April 2015

Inspiration: Prince of egypt

For years in my life I have always been drawn to moving imagery and would never leave a film por cartoon till the very end. I was attached to a lot of characters in my time because they were unlike us, as people we are the norm visually whilst animated character are new unique and inspiring to the eye. 

Drawing characters through my time nothing has inspired me more than the characters/landscape and stories by the companies I wish to work for. 





Dreamworks was and still inspiring to the eye. the various style in their work since the 90's to even their new releases are just fantastic.

My first creation by them that got me hooked their works as a child was the prince of Egypt. As a religious based film it was surprising that I would find it interesting, The route this film took although taken from the bible was one for adults and children.

I remember this film almost frightened st some points because the lengths they went to show the realness of the events such as how the soldiers come to rid of the first born in the slave huts. Besides the lion king with falling of mufasa this brought emotions and chills to me especially the departing of the mother moses from him to be sent away by gods hands.


The animation was unique for its time. instead of being looney tooney like I was use to as a child it showed a more realistic aproach bringing the story more then humor however there always has to be humour in an old tale such as this.

The music and animation put together some of the best pieces I have seen to this day,

deliver us



Looking through heavens eyes



PLaying with the big boys



All I ever wanted reprise- The plagues

Putting these links up is enough to explain then using words for each image

If whoever is reading this has not watched this film then please do so as soon as possible for this is a treasure among animated productions that doesn't get enough credit.


and If you are a person from Dreamworks reading this then you should be proud of this production as to the start to many of your amazing animated productions I hope you make many more.


There will be posts of many more inspirations from this and many more animation companies


No comments:

Post a Comment