Work

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Inspiration Post 2: Ice Age by Blue Sky Studio



Ice age (2002)

by 
Blue Sky studio




Here are two clips showing some of the 'Behind the scenes' of the production.

As a child my mind was all over 2D animated films because they were different and eye catching, something you can only see on the screen. I know 'Toystory' was the main production that began the 3D animation. But something Ice age was unique.

It was a creature populated film that was humorous to all ages, had a good story and the characters were all very lovable where you knew everyone had... mostly good intentions. 


Part1



Part2


After watching the film I would wait till the very end to watch the extras as they sometimes added to VHS's back in the 90's. I never knew how they made toy story or bugs life since it was a new typed of media, but when blue sky show the whole process to create the characters and animated them I was overwhelmed with awe. 

The character designs were my favorite part of this to see the before ideas for each character towards their final outcome then the clay models and finally the movement for each character and what the artists and animators went through. 

After that first watch I re-watched it over and over from the start of the film to the end of the extras that I soon began drawing even more and taking in inspiration thanks to the extras. 

I wanted to do some myself with all of the activities they went through because I saw how much fun the people who created the film had doing this.

I guess you can say that yes 2D animated films started my love for animation but 3 the process to create this 3D animated film or more speaking Ice Age helped begin my path to being a CG Generalist.



So thank you Blue Sky Studios for creating this film and more like it and inspiring me to become who I am today. 





No comments:

Post a Comment